Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hey

Just wanted to stop in to say "hey". It's been a busy day again today and I had another horrible night last night. It started out with Ashley calling me around 8:45 to tell me that Akemi was throwing up. Poor baby...that's the worst for little ones. Anyway, she wanted to warn me that we might get it since we've been around each other a lot lately. So far so good, but I was completely paranoid (am still). Went to bed early, only to have Tinna wake me with coughing around 12:30. I thought she was barfing, but she was just coughing. So, I gave her some medicine and she went right back to bed, no problems. Just as I was almost asleep at 1:30, William called for me because he had to pee! So, I took care of him. Again, another hour and I heard him cry out something close to "Got it!" but I didn't hear more out of him and I didn't get up...not sure if he was dreaming or what. I was finally asleep around 3 a.m. Up at 7, as usual.

Twinkies had school today but their teacher did remark later that Tinna seemed to be a bit "out of it". Delaney and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few necessary grocery items and a gift for her friend Mallory's birthday party that is being held on Sunday. My hour alone today was spent knitting...nothing very exciting.

The rest of the day was spent with the twins acting like maniacs and being out of control. Everyone is finally in bed (with barf buckets...just in case). I feel like crap and I cannot decide if it is because I'm really getting sick or just tired from last night. I paid the bills a little while ago and now I'm going to go knit for a bit because I'm truly on the homestretch of William's scarf. Only 2 1/2 repeats of the basketweave pattern and it will be DONE!

I have to thank my friend Mary for teaching me how to download YouTube videos to my iPod. So far, I have been able to upload: a family video from Disneyland (2006) that I almost forgot we had uploaded to YouTube last year, Sophie Ellis-Bextor's "Murder on the Dancefloor", Alanis Morisette's "Ironic", Lisa Loeb's "Stay", Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It", Culture Club's "Karma Chameleon", Silvia Nótt's (aka in English, Silvia Night - Icelandic singer) "Congratulations" from the 2006 Eurovision Contest, AND a video of Ágústa Eva Erlendsdóttir singing a nice slow song, not sure of the title but this is only interesting to see because Ágústa Eva Erlendsdóttir plays the character Silvia Nótt! Watch them for yourself. You won't believe they are the same person! Ahh, anyway...this is all great fun for me because I've always loved music and it's so fun to have these videos to watch in my hand and as often as I like! The kids enjoy it, too. They spent about 30 minutes sitting with me on the couch and we were all cuddled around the stupid little iPod. Of course Delaney kept trying to put her hand over my mouth so I wouldn't sing. I just cannot help it!

Well, off to work on this scarf and hopefully finish it up while it is still winter!

No comments: