Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Waiting on the Yule Lads



But I don't know what they'll bring...candy or potatoes! My kids certainly deserve potatoes today. You would think that the threat of not getting anything nice in their shoes would make them behave but it doesn't. William says he acts naughty because he's sick. I'm sure that's partly true but really, I'm at the end of my rope with him somedays.

Today was a long day. Twinkies went to school, Delaney and I got groceries, I made it back home with just enough time to make her lunch and get her on the school bus, I put away only my cold items and rushed back out to the Dollar Tree to get some containers for teacher gifts that need to be made tomorrow. I stopped by Rose's (five and dime sort of store) and found some vacuum bags that I needed and debated buying a white christmas tree for my PSU ornaments...it was only $10 but I passed on the idea for now. Maybe next year. At this point, I don't even know where I'd put it and I think the whole ornament problem will be solved in the future with a bigger tree. The twins were pretty quiet this afternoon...I think school wore them out today. I was *this close* to falling asleep on the couch but unfortunately for me, their show ended and they got up to run around during the commercials...and seeing me sitting with my eyes closed was just too much for them. No one can understand that Mama gets tired, too. Oh, I had such a nice thought today as I was reading "The Writer's Almanac"...when all 3 kids are in school next year I think I'm going to make reading my priority. Not cleaning or shopping or sewing...but reading. By the time I try to read at night I'm already drowsy, I rarely finish any book that I start. How nice would it be to just sit and read during the day! Wow, I cannot even imagine it.

My new mead horn came in the mail today (see photo below). I really like the coloration of it and it will be fun to use it at the Ren Faires after I get it seasoned properly. My only disappointment was that there was a sticker on it that said "Made in India" or something like that, so that's too bad that it isn't from the USA. I wish the seller had stated this fact on the eBay advert. I hope there aren't any toxins in it since their environmental laws are probably different over there.



That's about it for me. I'm off to place an order at Knit Picks and then hopefully I can get to bed early tonight as tomorrow is going to be another big day of trying to finish up Christmas shopping and preparing boxes for mailing. I'm almost done...there is a light at the end of the tunnel...only 3 to buy for and 2 to get in the mail. (Yes, a total of 5 that still need some sort of attention but for the most part, the big stuff is all done)

No comments: