Monday, December 10, 2007

Now *I'M* sick!

Well, after weeks and weeks of the kids being sick, it's finally caught up with me. It started Saturday night with a sore-ish throat. Yesterday I realized I was definitely getting sick, no matter how much I denied it, it was going to happen. Today, yep, sick. Thankfully it's only a cold and I can still function. It was worse overnight but a bit better now that I'm sitting up and moving around. Once I get some food in me, I'll take some pills and will probably feel a bit better than I do at the moment. William is still hacking and probably needs to be seeing a doctor this week. Delaney's back to school today. Alex leaves this afternoon.

We got so much done this week-end, it was incredible. Saturday morning, got up and went out to Home Depot...I bought the first tree we looked at. It's a bit on the small side, I couldn't fit all of our ornaments on it (I'm thinking next year I'll have a small white tree for all of my PSU ornaments) but it looks nice and the kids had fun decorating it. While at Home Depot, I bought a leaf blower. Wow, what an amazing thing...we got rid of the leaves in the front yard in half the time it takes me to rake them. Al used it, I didn't get a chance to try it yet, but I still have the backyard to do this week. God bless leaf blowers. So, after the leaves were done, we brought out the inflatables. I already had a huge snow globe and my dad just sent a Santa in an airplane for the kids this year. They loved it (of course) and I'll post some photos later.

Yesterday we decorated the tree and after lunch I went out to do "Santa" shopping for the kids' gifts. Yay. They are all done and now all I have to do is wrap. I think I also have most of the Yule Lad gifts, as well, so now I won't have to try to buy anything in front of them.

Not much planned for today...I'm really hoping for a quiet one where I can just sit and relax. I need to start thinking about a Yule gift for my secret pal in the Yahoo Fiber Hall. That should be a fun swap but I'm seriously at a loss over what to make for her and I don't have much time to get it done, either! So...I better get moving and get my brain in working order.

I'll post some photos later!

No comments: