Saturday, December 08, 2007

Back-up has arrived!

Alex got here yesterday in the early evening. Delaney wanted to eat at Friendly's, so that is what we did for dinner. I had planned on making a lasagna but the later it got without him being here, the more I decided the heck with cooking...I hadn't sat down all day with the housework anyway and I just didn't want to have to stand for another 2 hours! So, we ate out and everyone had fun. When we got home, he played checkers and "Guess Who" with the kids and then they were in bed around 8:30 or so. Nice evening.

Today, the plan is to go out and get our tree...it's still a little earlier than when I like to get it but that's ok. The kids are excited and can't wait to decorate it. In the afternoon we have some yard inflatables to put out and then, of course, I'll have to cook lasagna for dinner tonight! No excuse this time. The kids have already planned Grandpa's evening of reading stories to them...and I'm sure Delaney wants to show off her reading skills as well. So, it will be a nice full day.

I had another horrible night of sleep. Stupidly, I drank a cup of coffee last night around 7:30. I didn't have much trouble falling asleep when I turned the lights out at 11, but I heard Tinna coughing at 12:15 and got up to check on her. After that, I just couldn't fall back to sleep again. So, it was a long night full of in-and-out-of-sleep and bizarre dreams when I did sleep. Ick.

No comments: