Monday, November 19, 2007

One lucky kid

It's been a quiet, busy sort of week-end. Yeah, I know that's a contradiction, but it was quiet in that we didn't really do much away from home and busy because it seemed like I never sat down. Is it really Monday? It doesn't even feel like I had a week-end and all of my days are running together for some reason.

Saturday, we went to Lowe's for a space heater for in the garage/playroom. After that we went to the pet store for food for Abbey. It's been a few weeks since she's had any live fish and she was almost out of frozen blood worms and veggies, too. (sounds so appetizing, doesn't it?! dig in, yumm yumm.) On our way back from the pet store, Ash called my cell phone and wondered what we were doing for lunch. Sooo, we met her and her kids at McDonald's to eat and play. That place was PACKED and I had to circle once around before I could even find a parking space. We walked in and there weren't any lines for ordering...because everyone was in the playzone for a soccer party! Yay. Kids everywhere. (can you hear my tone of sarcasm? it's there. I'm not a big fan of screaming kids.) We did ok because by the time we ate our food, most of those kids were gone. Back home and the kids played around and watched tv for awhile. In the early evening, William and Tinna were playing in William's room. Lately, he's been very aggressive with climbing on his sisters and wrestling. They are ok with it for a few minutes but he just keeps going and going until they start crying or slug him. So...I hear William and Tinna playing...the laughter keeps getting louder and louder (I was cooking dinner, you know listening but trying to ignore it) and all of a sudden, I hear William crying a cry that means "I'm really hurt" so I drop what I'm doing and RUN into his room. Turns out he was on his bed, which is a loft bed, and messing with his ceiling fan and it hit him in the mouth. Blood all over his mouth and right hand. Lucky for him, it didn't hit any teeth, just busted his lip open a bit. I can't tell you how many times I've said "Stop touching the fan!!!" but he never listens. Maybe now he's learned his lesson???

Sunday, worked around the house. Cleaned up the playroom, vacuumed it, dusted it. And since it's the most organized room in the house I want to keep up with it. We went out to Wal-Mart to get a few things that I forgot to get at the grocery store and I bought a new container to hold all of the kids' pretend dress-up clothes. In the evening, we went out to VA Beach to meet up with folks from our kindred. The kids were pretty good for being stuck in Panera Bread for 2 hours.

So, we are back to the same old routine today. I have quite a few things on my list of "to do's" the turtle tank is number one, then I'd like to work on the girls' room later and clean off my kitchen counter again. That counter is the bane of my existence. A big open flat surface that I just CANNOT keep clean!!! It's like a landing zone. Everything ends up there and it is so frustrating that I just cannot seem to find the dedication in myself to keep it bare.

You get one photo today and that is of William's mouth just after the fan hit it. I have nothing else for you. Like I said, it's been busy and cute kids this week-end.

No comments: