Monday, November 26, 2007

Failure!

I've fallen from Domestic Goddess status again. What is wrong with me that I just cannot keep this kitchen counter clean??? I might as well resign myself to the fact that it could very well look like this forever. Oh well. On the bright side, most of these items actually have homes and I could get this turned around in about 5 minutes if I'd only devote myself to it. So, ha!



What a busy day! I cannot wait to blog, turn off the computer and sit here and do nothing except watch "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" and knit! (Ok, so Sue called just when I got the recipe added - around 8:45 and we blabbed until 10:15...so there you go!)

We went to the post office, Wal-Mart, and Hair Cuttery (William was getting shaggy) today. Nothing too exciting there but it kept us away from home for a few hours so I felt as if I didn't really get anything accomplished.

After Delaney got home from school and everyone had snacks, we went to walk the dog. Despite the gray skies overhead, I got quite a few good photos of the red trees by the ball fields. The kids like to play in the sand piles there while I walk Henry and as it doesn't seem to bother anyone else, I allow them to do it. Of course today Delaney stepped in dog pooh so we need to be a bit more careful next time, I guess!

While prepping dinner tonight, I realized I didn't have a can of sloppy joe mix in the cabinet so I had to look for a recipe on Recipee Zaar. The one I picked was yummy so I'm posting it for you below. This was a bit on the sweet side, and I think I'll try using only 1 1/2 TBSPs brown sugar next time...but my kids gobbled it up so I'll definitely be making it again. Also, I used ground turkey and red peppers, but those were my only substitutions.


Detweiler Sloppy Joe Mix
By Kurt Detweiler
Recipe #32756

1 lb ground beef
onions, chopped (to taste)
green peppers, chopped (to taste)
1 cup catsup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon mustard
1/2 cup water

Brown hamburger, onion, green pepper together.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer 15 minutes.

Below are today's photos. Enjoy!



1 comment:

Darien Fisher-Duke said...

What a great location, having so much natural beauty and room for the kids to play within walking distance! I received your book, and hope to start reading it soon. It looks great! Thanks so much.