Thursday, October 25, 2007

More canning...

This will be a short post tonight. Another busy day. We had to run up to Newport News to Dick's Sorting Goods store to get a bike for Steven (even though the week-end is supposed to be rainy!) Back home and I started cooking up apples for apple butter and pears for pear sauce...which is like applesauce but made with pears. That turned out a little bit runny. I'm boiling the cans of it now. I think it will only be good over ice cream and not really to eat with a spoon. Too soupy. Oh well. Live and learn. The apple butter is taking FOREVER to thicken up. I'm tempted to put some cornstarch in it to hurry it up a bit. Darn! It's already 9 p.m. and it's still in the crock pot.

Not much new. We were invited to a Halloween party tomorrow night with some of our friends but I don't know if we are going yet. It's also my knitting night. Decisions, decisions.

Lots and lots of rain today. It was dreary but I'm so glad it's here! The grass in our yard is completely dead.

I'll write again tomorrow if I get a chance. Laundry day, cleaning day, etc. No rest for the weary!

No comments: