Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mixed Seafood Cioppino

What a long day this has been! Ashley came over to knit early this morning and the kids had fun playing...we had fun chatting...it's always nice to hang out with her. She left about the same time Delaney went to school. Then Steve and I worked up in the attic, only stopping for lunch and a visit from the AC man. (Yes, our unit is fine, he fixed the fuse box and said the "bang" I hear is normal for the age of the machine. It has a few more years before we need to replace it. Waaa-hoo! $4,000 just saved!) Also, about this same time I started making our dinner in the crockpot. As you can see by the title of this post, it was going to be Mixed Seafood Cioppino.

Around 2:45 I decided I needed to go thrift shopping to look for something to hold all of the knick-knacks I had just unearthed in the attic. No luck. When I phoned Steven to tell him I was heading to another store, he said "Hey, I thought we were going to go to that place tonight at 5:00." That place being Kangaroo Jac's (or something like that)...an entire building full of bouncy houses. On Wednesday's they have $5.00/child from 5-8 p.m. It's a hike to get there. Sooo, the crockpot was removed from the heat and we headed out the door at 4 p.m. The seafood is still in the fridge but at least the base of the stew is made and ready for tomorrow.

Tomorrow is going to be even busier than today. The twinkies have a pumpkin patch field trip with school at 10 a.m. Delaney has 2 sets of homework to do (today's and tomorrow's - because we are leaving early Friday morning to head to NY for the week-end). Kindermusik in the evening. ALL of my weekly laundry plus packing for the trip. YUCK. On top of that, I'm sick with this darn cold now. So far it's just sore throat and body ache/tiredness. I'm taking my TriMune to try to fight it off...I hope it won't get too bad because if it does, my week-end in NYC is really going to SUCK and I'd much rather be enjoying myself (how often do I get to go to NYC?!?! It's been over 6 years since we've gone to Manhattan!).

I should have some photos uploaded by the end of the day tomorrow so be sure to look for them. =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, you are so nice! It is always nice talking with you. I have fun and so do the kiddos! I hope to hang out more.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I saw Delaney at school in the cafeteria. I went to teh book fair and my neighbor was having lunch with her daughter. She waved at me and looked happy!

Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Yikes, Shannon, how do we link to your older posts? I may have missed a few! Get over that cold and enjoy NYC. Sending you pics from Richmond soon...
Bless

Shannon said...

Ash: I'll give you a call next week!

Rose: I don't know what happened...I put up the widget from Library Thing and just might have put it over top of the archived posts! I'll have to look at it later. Crazy right now!!!

Shannon said...

Rose: Fixed the archived post problem but had to lose the LT widget. Waah! I really liked that!