Saturday, August 11, 2007

Yard Sale results

The results are in...we managed to flog a bunch of junk today...furniture, household goods, leftover baby items, baby gates, etc. (3 1/2 large moving boxes FULL have been reduced to just 1 box of items which will either be sold on craigslist or freecycled to someone else) I think I started the morning with less than $10.00...we didn't even get a chance to get out to the bank for change before people started showing up. Great day...we made over $260! Oh, wait...the best part...SMELLY COUCH now has a new home! It didn't have to go to the dump afterall! Yay, Smelly Couch! I knew you could do it! (I even told the lady it was smelly and had been barfed on. She said she didn't care, it was for in her playroom and she has 4 children...OK.) As we were preparing our dinner tonight, a car pulled up to the house...turned out to be a couple who had purchased one of our baby gates earlier coming back to see if we still had the second one. We did. What craziness! But, really, we had a wonderful day. The wine cabinet has been paid for and Steve has enough dosh to get a big 16' or 20' ladder so he can clean out the rain gutters!

Another happy moment in my day came when my friend Sue emailed me to say she has a "surprise" for me. The only hint I received was "24 identical items in a box". Ooooh, boy! It took me a few minutes, but not too long to figure out it was a CASE of Iron City Beer! I'll be seeing her on the 18th and you can guess what I'll be doing for weeks after that. =) Good ole Iron City.

And that, my friends, is the story of my day. We're off to the Children's Museum tomorrow. The kids have been put through enough torture in the past few days so we thought we'd treat them a little. Ciao!

No comments: