Friday, June 08, 2007

June 8










Yes, folks, the boxes are STILL here. We're making some headway but it's slow and painful. I thought I'd take a quick break to post some photos from the past week.

Sunday was rainy here so Steve used some of the boxes we brought with us to make a puppet theatre for the kids. The photos include styrofoam puppets and "softie" puppets. Delaney was the director (of course) and Steve and I were instructed on the proper time to clap and what we should yell. It was all quite amusing.

Other photos are of Abbey, our Red Eared Slider who has now traveled across the United States with us twice and one of the kids playing at Appomattox Court House National Historical Park where we stopped for lunch last Friday. You can see more info about the park here. Because we were rushed, we didn't spend any time walking around. It's a place I'd like to go back to and that's very possible since it's only a few hours from our house. One of the photos is of our dining room ceiling. I absolutely HATE it but Steve assures me this is a popular VA thing and almost all of the houses he looked at had this type of ceiling. If someone could get me some LSD, I'm sure I'd have an awesome trip while staring at it. We wasted major amounts of time on Wednesday driving up to the Navy base in search of furniture for William's room. Who would have thought that just down the street we'd find a dresser for him at a consignment shop. $45 and look at how CUTE it is! Little airplanes, buses*, fire trucks, and taxis all over it. Now all we need is a new corner TV stand, a computer desk, and a futon and we'll be all set.

That's it for now. Back to work, unfortunately.
*Ok, will someone who owns a REAL dictionary please correct this if it is wrong? Steven told me the plural of bus has 2 s's - but it looked funny to me so I looked up "busses" on dictionary.com. Apparently it is correct if it is spelled bus-es OR bus-ses!!! Such craziness.



No comments: