Thursday, May 03, 2007

Ouch!

I guess it was Saturday that I had to go to the grocery store for a few ingredients for our dinner (Chicken Souvlaki Wraps)...while I was there, I thought it would be good to stop by Starbuck's and get a Frappacino for myself. I had the twins in the double stroller and Delaney was walking. Got to Starbucks and of course there were lots of rude people going in and out and ignoring the person pushing the double stroller...no one offered to hold the door for us. I asked Delaney to open it and hold it so I didn't have to try to go in backwards (the only way I *can* go in when I'm alone with the kids in this stroller). Well. The door was too heavy for her and she just couldn't seem to get it open. I reached the handle and pulled to give her some help and at the same time, she took a step forward to try to pull again. Unfortunately for her, she was wearing sandals and the door went over the top of her foot, making it look like this below.




She is still complaining about it. I'm sure it was very painful and I felt like hell when it happened. Now she keeps breaking open the skin (or rather her sister stepped on her foot tonight or something like that I'm told) on the middle toes so it's going to need even more time to heal!


Two nights ago, I caught Delaney reading to the twins. Hop on Pop Wow. Can you believe she is reading already? 5 years old! And to her brother and sister? Woo-hoo...I'm soon going to be on Easy Street! Ha!




After I took the last picture, Tinna went to have a story read to her by Daddy. William climbed up in the chair with Delaney.




And in case you can't see the title of the book, it's "Little Miss Trouble". What an appropriate story!


Lastly, we went to a May Day party at playgroup today. The kids had a great time and it was a gorgeous day. (Unfortunately, for the real May Day, it was chilly and overcast and we didn't spend any time outdoors!)



Painting.



Cutting and gluing. All the stuff Mama's not brave enough to do with 3 kids at home!

No comments: