Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Official

Well...it's official...we're home-owners. After almost 10 years of marriage and 12 years of being together in various places around the globe, we FINALLY have a place to call our own. I hope it brings years of pleasure and not heartache, as has been known to happen with spur-of-the-moment purchases like, well, boats. I'm remembering one boat in particular that left us stranded in the middle of the Potomac River trying to paddle with two little plastic oars purchased at Wal-Mart. Because we just had to have THAT boat. Ahem. 'Nuff said.

Last night we went out to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen with a bunch of Steve's classmates and profs. I ordered CPK's "Thai Chicken Pizza". Yumm! Peanut sauce, spicy chicken, green onions, shredded carrots, mung bean sprouts. Food just doesn't get much better than this. Pizza AND Thai all rolled into one. Anyway, I just finished up the last of it for lunch while surfing for a "copy kat" recipe so I can make it again here at home (well, at the new home since there's not much time left at this home!) I found a recipe with good reviews so I'm all set.

Oh, and I was also able to squeeze in *one last* visit to Sephora before dinner. I needed some cleanser for my face and could not resist this little gem...




Bourjois Petite Guide de Style

Mine is "Fleur Bleue". I tried to resist. Really, I did. I walked away. I told Steven "I guess I'll pass on the eye shadow" But as I stood there waiting for my turn to pay I thought about how the darker shade not only acts as a contour, it can be used wet as a liner, too! And the longer I stood there, the more I could feel the sweet little package in my hand. I could SEE it in my purse and in my drawer in the bathroom. And it's so Petite (2 1/2" x 2 1/2 " x 1/4"), and feminine, and well, quite lovely in it's own right. Now, tell me...HOW CAN I RESIST THAT??? I'm a sucker for sweet little things.

Speaking of little...we have only a little time left in San Diego. 9 days and a wake-up call.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, Thai Chicken Pizza. Ya know, the local Target here has that in their freezer section. :-)

-John

Anonymous said...

California Pizza Kitchen, a.k.a. California Colon Blow; loads of MSG in their food. Can't wait to taste YOUR recipe!

Shannon said...

Hi John! I bet my version will be better than the frozen one at Target. Let me test it first...if it's good, I'll make it for you and the boys when you come to visit!

Auntie Lori: yeah, I had a pretty big colon blow the next day now that you mention it. BWAHAHAHAHA! I can't believe I even wrote that. You truly bring out the worst in me. =) Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!