Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Hanging around

Not much going on around here. It's been HOT lately...high of 92F yesterday. It's predicted to hit 90F today. Record highs in San Diego for this time of year. My BIG NEWS for today is the van. Yesterday, it was hot as hell when I was going to get Delaney at school. I put the windows down about halfway to help release some of the heat. A few minutes later, as I was driving and after the AC had kicked in, I started to put up the passenger side window and I heard a loud "POP". The window wouldn't go up at all and I sat there as I watched in horror as the glass just sank into the door. SO...after I picked up Delaney and got back home, Steve and I took the kids over to Rachel's house (because now we have no way to transport 3 children safely) and took the van to the Honda dealership. The estimate for repair: $400.00 Yippee. More bills.

SO, that leaves stuck us here at the house today. 90F, no AC, pool temps still in the lower 70s. The kids are swimming and I'm hanging around watching them. Every half hour or so the twins start shivering and get out until they're warmer. Delaney, being born in Iceland, and being part fish, doesn't seem to mind. She complains when I make her get out. (But of course, she wants HOT MILK while she's out!)

That's the skinny. It's already 11:30 and no word on the car. I'm betting it's another day or two until it's fixed. The fun just never stops!

No comments: