Friday, May 18, 2007

Good-bye Mission Beach(?)

Yesterday afternoon found us at Mission Beach. Even though the day was gray, windy, and cold (maybe 60F), we left our house around 4:30 to go play one more time at the beach. The reason for the question mark in the title...well...we still have a free day next Thursday but we just don't know if we will be able to go back or not. We hope so but cannot be sure.

Below you can see some photos of our trip. Delaney was the only insane child getting into the water. "I don't get cold. I was born in Iceland." But she DID get cold and ended up putting on the pants and sweatshirt she INSISTED she would not need. Ha! Dinner was on the rooftop of a bar called "Canes". Around 6:00 we saw a few dolphins swim by. The kids were able to see them, too, so that was pretty neat. After dinner, it was time to ride the rides at Belmont Park. The park was pretty much empty since it was Thursday night. I rode the old wooden coaster "The Giant Dipper" with only 4 other people while Steven took the kids on the carousel. Wooden coasters are my absolute FAVORITE because of the clickety clack noise they make. I rode this one with Sue when she was out here in March. I can't believe I was afraid of it a bit then. I loved it last night. I wish I could spend the day just riding it over and over. (I feel the same way about the Comet at Hershey Park in Pennsylvania)

Today it's nothing but work work work around the house to get ready for the movers on Monday. Tomorrow is Steven's graduation and then dinner at Bucca de Beppo with Donnie and Christina. Should be a nice time and I'm sure I'll have some photos to share.




Delaney in the water. Outside temps, low 60's. Water temps, low 60's. Brrrr!




Tinna making sand pies.




Wills playing around.




Laney at Canes.




The twins waiting for their food.




Mama and William at Canes.




Belmont Park. The Big Dipper is in the background.

2 comments:

Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Graduation and moving...you've got both extremes, haven't you. We'll be out near your new home tomorrow--too bad you won't be there! There is a field hockey tourney in Virginia Beach and we're heading out to watch two of the men's games, and two of the women's. Should be fun! It's an up and coming sport (on the East Coast, that is; it's better established on the West Coast)--might be one your kids will enjoy in a few years!

Shannon said...

Yes, it's a bit stressful sometimes (the moving) but at least we have the satisfaction of knowing there's no job search ahead of us! By the way, I played field hockey in PA in 9th and 10th grades...at 15, I even went to PSU field hockey camp and another camp in the Pocono's. I must admit, I wasn't very good but it was quite a bit of fun. I'd still play if I wasn't so out of shape. Maybe we can catch a game with you all sometime. Delaney's asking for soccer and karate and Daisy Scouts...all good choices!