Thursday, March 22, 2007

What's a girl to do?

I haven't felt like blogging much lately. I've been wallowing in self-pity and a bit of depression. Can't seem to get motivated to do much of anything. I did manage to clean out Delaney's room a bit yesterday morning. I took out the old rickety Barbie dreamhouse and some other pieces of large Barbie furniture in preparation for today...the BIG 5...and to make room for this...

http://www.lego.com/belville/products.asp?id=7577&catid=fairytales

Lego's "Belleville Winter Wonder Palace". It goes with a series of fairytale Lego sets designed for girls ages 5-10. The sucker is BIG and set us back about $70 at Legoland. Delaney saw it and started whining to her Daddy immediately saying "But if you don't buy it for me I'll cry real tears and I'll be sad FOREVER" or something along those lines. I said "No." but he fell for it, hook, line, and sinker. *Gulp* SO, there it is. I just wrapped it up 20 minutes ago in some very cute Kermit the Frog paper.

Last night, Delaney threw some kind of royal tantrum the likes of which I've never seen before in my life. Pure panic in her eyes, screaming, tears, the works. The child was OUT OF CONTROL. POSSESSED might be an even better word. It was like the commercial for Cujo years and years ago "Something wicked this way comes" She had taken a bath earlier and had gotten a bit of soap in her cootchie. Apparently it burned so badly that she was purely TERRIFIED to pee again. It took us over 30 minutes of screaming and crying (her and us) to get her to finally pee and get into bed. Absolutely ridiculous. I even gave her Motrin and told her it would make the pain go away so she could pee. Once she was successful, I said "Did it hurt?" and she said "No." *sniff, sniff* and into bed she went. One of her last sentences to me last night was "Mommy, I still love you but I want to be adopted." I tried to explain to her that adoption means she will NEVER see me or Daddy or William or Tinna again but she insisted that adoption is what she wants. She will still love me but she really wants to go live with someone else. Ouch. I'm thinking maybe she needs a shrink already. Where did I go wrong?

So, what's a girl to do? I was in bed by 8:30 last night. Depressed. One of my best friends is gone forever. My child wants to be adopted. I got the laptop. And my debit card. And I visited my friend Sephora.com Beauty is always the answer. ALWAYS. Today, I got up, walked the dog, baked a cake, wrapped gifts, fed the kids, and put on a new face (literally - with the Sephora goodies I just bought a few weeks ago) and started in on a new day. I have it, I might as well not waste it.

No comments: