Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ahhh, Stevie, my Goddess

Today Stevie's new CD "Crystal Visions...the very best of Stevie Nicks" was released. I've had this written on my calendar for a few months now and made my way to Borders right around 10:30 this morning to pick it up. NOT a disappointment, let me tell you! I've had it playing since 12:40 (the moment after I got home from running errands and picking up Delaney at school) and have been singing along to every song. Wonderful! The liner notes are incredible...Stevie's memories and inspirations for the songs truly provide insight into her soul.

All of the classics are here...Edge of Seventeen, I can't Wait, Stop Draggin' My Heart Around, Leather and Lace...and new favorites like Sorcerer (one of *my* ultimate faves) and Planets of the Universe. I believe, however, the absolute best of the best on this album is Landslide, recorded with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra in 2006. WOW!!! Stevie's voice is so clear, it sounds like she is in the room and singing just to me. I cannot WAIT to listen to this all alone with headphones in the dark!

One thing I AM a bit pissed about is that this CD was marketed on the NicksFix as a "CD/DVD". The one I picked up today is CD only. Grrrr. It was the **ONLY** "Crystal Visions" I saw in the store (of course, I had the twins with me and they weren't IN the stroller so I was a bit distracted with trying to keep little hands off everything in sight) and being the dork that I am, I only realized it did not have the DVD goods on it until after it was opened and playing. SO, now I have to make another trek out this week to get the version I actually want. This copy will be the car copy. Anyway, if you plan to purchase this album, make sure you get the one you are after!

On another note, I had to run to the post office, the library, and a non-commissary grocery store today (to pick up pesach foods as our commissary at Miramar had NOTHING kosher for Passover in stock). When I was telling the twins how our morning would go, I said "We need to go the library so Mama can get a book" and Tinna said "Mama...what's a library?" HORRORS!!! It has been so long since they've been in the library that they have forgotten what it is! What a horrible mother I have become. We tried storytime once when the old Serra Mesa branch was open (that didn't work well for the twins as the stories were all aimed at the older kids) but our branch was closed from October through part of December so we just haven't gone since the new branch opened. We had a nice visit...the new library is GORGEOUS...I've never seen anything quite like it. It almost looks as if Frank Lloyd Wright designed it himself...mission furniture and style everywhere you look. There is a special section just for the tots, complete with some wooden puzzles, tot size mission furniture, toys, and the kid area also opens to a fenced-in patio (of sorts) so parents are able to take the kids outside to let off steam if need be. Very cool.

I'd call it a successful day after a very unsuccessful night. I turned out the lights around 10:30. Delaney was up around 1:11 to pee. I just COULD NOT get back to sleep despite all of the tossing and turning and pillow plumping I did. It was after 4 before I finally fell asleep again...and then I had set the alarm for 6:30...wayyyy too late for getting 3 children up and out the door by 7. *YAWN* So, now it's just after 2 in the afternoon and I'm beat. I have about 6 more hours to go before I can settle into bed again. Boy, I hope those hours go fast. I'm thinking McDonald's (with indoor playplace - it is really blustery today!) sounds like a good place to have dinner!

No comments: