Thursday, February 15, 2007

Still loving IKEA!

So...yesterday afternoon, I was quite tired...only having about 4 hours of sleep the night before. Delaney was gracious enough to allow me some kip on the couch while she watched "Mulan"...when I awoke, I was NOT feeling like cooking the big dinner I had planned earlier. I thought to myself "What the hell...it's VALENTINE'S DAY for god's sake. We should EAT OUT." I had a hankering for Swedish meatballs, boiled potatoes, and lingonberry sauce at IKEA...and that is where we ended up.

When we go there, I always dig through the "As Is" textile bin. Here's what I found last night...




For William...$5.50...for the cover AND pillowcase! (the print is called "Vilda Hund" if you cannot view it well here and want to search the IKEA.com site for a closer view...it is a print of coyote's and pine trees and moons...very campy and cute.) Often I've noticed with items in the "As Is" bin, there are no real problems. There may be some dirt...in this case, it looks as if the cover was a display model. No rips, no holes, just very faint dirt marks. It's in the washer as I write. I couldn't be more excited. You can't beat the cost for a spare duvet cover! Sometimes I'm questioned by my other half about the need for the purchase of such spare items...and all I have to say is "Remember that night when they were all puking and they puked all over their beds? Well, now we have a second cover for when that happens again. And don't worry, it WILL happen again."

No comments: