Friday, December 08, 2006

Just not sure what to blog about

It's been a rather busy week here and yet I feel as if I've accomplished nothing. One thing I did get finished was putting together gifts for Delaney's teachers and their helpers. I did a total of 7 gifts yesterday. I hit the Dollar Tree in the morning and grabbed some really cute (I can't even begin to say just how cute!) ornament shaped gift bags. In the afternoon, Delaney and I mixed up a few batches of my friend Annette's white chocolate party mix (recipe below). Delaney took everything to school today and proudly distributed it. I think the teachers were pleased.

This week-end is our last week-end without Steven around. Only a few more days to get through and then he will have *5* weeks of vacation! I am already starting the "honey-do" list and the list of places I want to go while he is home from school.

There is not much in the works for the week-end. Delaney has a birthday party at a "Build-A-Bear Workshop" tomorrow morning and then I guess I'll be spending the rest of the time wrapping gifts and trying to get boxes and cards ready for the mail. I know the deadline to get things delivered is upon me but I'm just not motivated to do it this year. Forgive me.

White Chocolate Party Mix
From my friend Annette

1 package (10 oz) mini pretzels
5 cups cheerios
5 cups corn chex
2 cups salted peanuts (optional)
1 lb M&Ms
2 packages (12 oz each) vanilla/white chocolate chips
3 Tbsp vegetable oil

In large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. In microwave* heat chips/oil on medium high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Microwave on high stirring after each 10 second interval until smooth. Pour over dry ingredients and mix. Spread onto 3 waxed paper lined baking sheets. Cool. Break apart. Store in airtight container. Yields 5 quarts.

*I always melt my chocolate on the stovetop. I've never had luck cooking with the microwave - but Annette made it this way and her mix was always yummy.

No comments: