Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Recipe: Tuna Noodle Casserole

Here's a recipe worthy of a blog entry. I got it off a box of Mueller's Pasta Sea Shells at least a year ago, maybe longer. The tuna noodle casserole I used to make was bland and boring. This one zings it up a bit and it sure is good. Then again, you can't really go wrong with any meal that has potato chips on top of it!

MUELLER'S TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE

1 Tbsp margarine or butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 1/4 cups milk
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp prepared mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups (8oz) shredded cheddar or American cheese
1 can (6oz) tuna, drained and flaked
1 cup frozen peas*
8 oz (1/2 package) Mueller's Sea Shells, cooked and drained**
1/2 cup crushed potato chips

In 2-quart saucepan melt margarine over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring 3 minutes. Stir in soup, milk, worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper; stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until smooth. Add tuna and peas. In 2-quart casserole combine tuna mixture and Sea Shells. Sprinkle with potato chips. Bake in 350F oven 25-30 minutes or until heated through.

*I omit peas since none of us like them.
**I use an entire box of Sea Shells and do not double the rest of the recipe. It seems to turn out fine this way.

The weather turned cooler today...now in the low 70's instead of the low 90's. I think our high today was 72F. Beautiful ,and again, it makes me miss home. I spoke to my dad this afternoon and he said all of the leaves are off the trees now. I guess winter is on it's way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also a pea hater , BUT i use a can of sweet peas with this recipe (baby sweet peas if available)!