Monday, January 19, 2009

I did NOTHING

Yesterday except sit on the couch and get up to pee and feed the kids. (Oh, yeah and I watched the Pittsburgh Penguins play for a few minutes and then watched most of the Steelers vs Ravens game after the kids went to bed) Pitiful, though. I'm fighting off a cold (still - but I'm staying just ahead of it I think) and Steven had 24-hour duty...and it was raining outside...so I felt justified in my actions. It also afforded me the opportunity to do this...

Work on my Prelude fingerless mittens...

And get started on the thumb gusset...which is turning out to be easy but had me royally freaked out just thinking about it! I even ran a "lifeline", which is the white dental floss you can see in the picture...just in case I had to frog...I didn't want to lose the work on the whole mitt!


and I had onions cooking in the crock-pot for today's lunch...French Onion Soup.


What a way to warm up and nurse a cold! Very yummy. I only made a enough to serve two but I should have made a big batch so I had some leftovers for the rest of the week. Oh well. Next time I'll know.

We went out for a short walk this afternoon. So there are a few photos below from that.

Henry enjoyed an outing with us...

Inspecting a big root system on a fallen tree...

No comments: