Thursday, September 11, 2008

Errata for the vegetable curry recipe...

I stopped by Farm Fresh this morning after I dropped the twinkies off at school. Man, I love that store. I went in search of yellow split peas (shhh, don't tell my husband because if he knows they are "peas" he might not eat them!) for another Indian recipe I'm going to try soon. I found those and the canned baby corn I wasn't able to get yesterday at Kroger. While walking through the aisle, I spotted a nifty measuring utensil. I turned it over and it had ounces on the back. Ounces! Dry ounces! FINALLY a product that can help me convert some of these recipes easier. My realization about yesterday's incorrect measure for the Powder Coconut Milk is this: I said I used about 1 cup. Well, according to this nifty little measuring utensil, 3 oz is about 1/3 of a cup. So...there you go. Change 1 cup to 1/3 cup. And also add the word "Fresh" after the 6-8 curry leaves. Fresh curry leaves, use 6-8, dried, use 8-10. Now I feel better.

Not much on for today. I have the laundry going now and this afternoon I SWEAR I'm going to clean up this family room. It's been taken over by a ton of kid junk again. Heck, if I can get up the strength I might even MOP the kitchen floor. But seriously, don't hold your breath on that one. Maybe if I go sniff the Murphy's Oil Soap it will inspire me to use it. Hmmm. Do you think so? I'm not quite sure what happened to my "I'm going to go through every single room in this house when the kids go to school" story. I had grand designs but now I'm stalled. I love being alone. I love sitting and being quiet while I'm alone not expending energy on things I could do while the kids are here! Nope, I love doing things like reading or knitting. Which is what I'm about to go do now. Because if I don't do it, it won't get done and I won't be able to start my socks when my box arrives from Knit Picks. Which will hopefully be today. I can't wait to squeeze that yarn!!!

Bye!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love the smell of Murphy's Oil Soap! It makes me think of my mom mopping the floors wheN I was little. And now I use it to mop (as infrequently as that may be, haha).