Sunday, June 22, 2008

I made yarn!

We've been busy the past few days...with summer here and the longer days, there's always plenty to do. I took some time on Friday to ply the singles I had spun a month or so ago. Very disappointed in this wheel as the bolt comes out when it turns counter-clockwise for plying. Bah! I'll be emailing the maker to give her my feedback...not that it will help me but it is definitely a design flaw that needs to be addressed. It's funny to look at this yarn now that I've gotten half-way decent at spinning with my drop spindle. It's just so fat and very uneven! Hard to believe I thought I was doing a great job when I was spinning it. I have some more roving to play with and will give it another go in a week or two when I have a bit of time to sit down. I'm betting I'll spin it much thinner next time.




Here's a cute photo I took of Steven and Tinna looking at a magazine yesterday at Liudwih's. We spent most of the day there hanging with the kindred, drinking beer and mead, throwing axes, and feasting. All in all, quite a nice way to celebrate the solstice!



I'll be taking a few days off but look for a post again sometime at the end of the week. Hopefully it will be a fun one!

No comments: