Thursday, March 06, 2008

Back home

We're back from PA. It was a pretty good trip, besides the funeral and sorting through my mother's belongings aspect of it. When we arrived in PA there was still some snow on the ground. The kids were in heaven. They played out at least an hour the first afternoon (we arrived around 4pm) and at least 3 or 4 hours on Saturday. I don't think there even needs to be snow on the ground, they just enjoy being at Pappy's house in the woods!

I started the Amanda Hat when I got to my dad's house Friday night. I got through the first 9 rows then started in on the "lace" pattern. Ugh. Did it wrong and had to frog it as it was too difficult to "unknit" the entire row. I had borrowed dpns from Ashley and they weren't quite long enough to hold all of the stitches...I really need to get a pair of circulars to do the hat. Soooo, last night I looked at the laceweight yarn Mary had sent me from Canada, wound it all up into a nice ball, and started on the Forest Canopy Shawl. It seems pretty easy so far and you can see a photo below. We'll see how I proceed later today if I get a chance to sit down and work on it.

Photos: snow at Pappy's house in PA. Beginnings of the shawl on the needles.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back and everything went ok.
Love the snow pics.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am glad that you are back. I was going crazy here by myself. LOL! That shawl is coming out pretty! Talk to you soon.

Liudwih said...

At row 16 putin that lifeline we talked about.... just trust me.LOL
Glad to hear you are all home ok.

MariHana said...

Remember to count, count, and count again. Also, learn to "see" the pattern in the graph. It'll help you figure out if and where you went wrong. Make good use of stitch markers to identify pattern repeats. The ones I sent you are too small for the needles you're using, but you can use any number of things. Then you'll only have to look for your mistakes every 10 or 20 (or whatever interval you end up choosing) stitches. Photocopy the chart, use a highlighter to mark which line you're on. And lastly, keep track of your rows... If you use the counter bracelet AND the highlighter, you can't go wrong. Um, but don't quote me... 8)

Laura said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss (for some reason your previous post didn't come up in my RSS) and I'm thinking of you and your family. Glad to hear you made it back to Virginia safely ... we had some warm weather while you were gone but looks like the snow was a hit!