Saturday, February 16, 2008

Thrift Shopping finds

Well, you KNOW Liudwih didn't spend the night and then not hit the CHKD with me this morning!!! Girls about town thrift shopping. How much more fun can you find on a Saturday morning?!?!

Here were my big finds of the day:

A beautiful ramie & acrylic shawl $3.96



White eyelet valance for in my bathroom .96



Sweaters for felting...to be used for various projects, average $3.96 each



Brand new l.e.i. sandals for summer $3.95



And the last, best find of the day...100% CASHMERE sweater in EXCELLENT condition...$4.96!!!!!



I also picked up some books for the kids and a decent pair of Stride Rite patent leather shoes for Delaney in size 1 (still a bit big but they were pretty and she wanted them) and a cute purse with a doggie on it for Tinna as a surprise. Liudwih found a few sweaters for felting, a NICE one for V, and a bunch of teak bowls that she is going to try to woodburn and sell on etsy. Soooo fun!

After shopping we met V at the Broken Egg Bistro. Food was good but service was s-l-o-w and the kids were really getting impatient after 30 minutes of waiting. I'd go again but would definitely come prepared with something for them to do besides colouring books.

Now we're back home and relaxing. I have some laundry to do and a bike ride to fit in before the afternoon dog walk. I have no clue what I'm making for dinner...probably something easy and not very healthy. Oh well. We had a great day and it was nice to be out of the house!

No comments: