Thursday, December 06, 2007

The day so far

It's pretty cold today. At 6:45 it was 35F. By the time the kids got up at 7:30, it was 34F! There were lots of clouds in the sky and I was almost fooled into thinking we *just might* get some snow flurries. But now I realize what false illusions I live under. The clouds have passed by, it is bright and sunny and definitely NO chance of snow.

The twins are still too sick to go to school so that means I have to try to get the house all cleaned up with them here today. Thankfully Delaney is going to school! I was really hoping I'd get that ONE hour alone this week. Drats. Alex (Steve's dad) comes in tomorrow afternoon so I really have to get a move on today. I have laundry, dusting, vacuuming, and bathrooms to do. If I get the chance, I want to go through the girls' bedroom (I'm not fooling myself that this will get done, it's just on the radar in case I can get to it) but I have an idea that might have to wait until Alex is here. At least he can entertain the kids while I get that finished up. I definitely need to get their summer clothes out of their room and go through their girly toys before Santa comes in a few weeks.

So, with all of that said, I'm signing off for now. I might have a photo for you later tonight if I can get some work done today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

be thankful...we may be coming to visit you for the heat wave you are having... it was 17 when I woke up this morning... 20 when the kids went to school and now it is 27... My kids want to know how it can be soooo cold when it isn't even winter yet.