Sunday, December 02, 2007

Beer I am loving

I recently discovered "Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale", which is made by Anheuser-Busch. The label says "Ale aged on bourbon barrle oak and vanilla beans." See reviews of it here. While I am normally a Guinness girl and prefer "beer you can eat with a spoon" (the darker, the better), for some reason I am drawn to this brew and find myself beginning to crave one right around mid-day. I went to Wal-Mart today to get more and there was only 1 6 pack left on the shelf...obviously others are enjoying it as well. I need to try to find a beer distributor here so I can try to order a case or two...once Christmas is over, this great beer will be gone...and I'll be oh-so-sad!!! I sure hope they bring it back again next year.

Quiet week-end. I've finished about 18cm on the last part of the Pel body. I think I have to get to 50cm, so it's coming along but I still have awhile to work on it. Maybe by New Year's I'll be ready to cast on for the first sleeve. I'm already thinking about next projects...they are: Monkey Socks, Hogwarts Book Scarf, Saturday Morning Hoodie (for the hubby), Truly Tasha Shawl, or the Aftur Sweater from Lopi Book 25. Phew! That's a lot of future projects. Help me decide which to do next...if you have a favorite, enter your "vote" in the comments. Thanks!

Kind of a sad, lonely day. For those of you who know me personally, you'll know why. This year it just doesn't feel like Christmas. I put out a few decorations today but if it weren't for the kids, I'd skip it all together.

Another twinkie milestone...they have FINALLY discovered the joys of putting together puzzles. Wow. I thought this day would never come but we are up to 24 pieces now. Crazy to think that Delaney was doing these at 2 1/2 and they are doing it an entire year later than she did. I know all kids are different but I was starting to get concerned. It seems that William's letters, numbers, and puzzling abilities are all coming together at the same time. Guess it makes sense.

No photos today. I did take a few yesterday and might post them tomorrow if I get a chance. I think the kids are starting to get sick again. Delaney has been kind of lethargic today and just said "Wow, I feel like I'm spinning around and around and up and down and sideways." Great. That's all for now. I have a sink full of dishes waiting for me and Delaney also just said "Mommy, I want some loving now." So she must not be feeling well at all.

2 comments:

Darien Fisher-Duke said...

The Aftur sweater is beautiful! Can you do a pattern that difficult? I'm not indicating lack of confidence...it just looks really hard to me! The monkey socks are really cute.

Shannon said...

Hi Rose! Nah, the patterns and charts are usually pretty clear. The hardest part of the colour is holding more than one...but if you look at each individual line, you will notice there are only two colours used...one per hand. I learned this way (many moons ago when I was in college) so I think it will come back to me! I've never done a sweater before so I'm a bit nervous about the armhole/sleeve area. Do a search on Alda's blog...she says somewhere that the ONLY thing she can knit are sweaters and that they are easy. I hope she's right! =) I'd love to make this sweater.