Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Not half-bad chicken & broccoli

I'll preface this by saying it's all Ashley's fault. She came over to my house this morning to pick up a round loom and somehow we got started talking about food...mainly Asian food...and sticky rice...which led to a conversation about rice cookers and what type of rice is best, etc. SO, today when I went to Farm Fresh, I saw a packet of "Beef & Broccoli" mix. I don't like beef so I thought I would make mine with chicken. The brand of the mix is "Sun Bird" and at first, I thought it would taste a bit too gingery, but it actually turned out to be not half-bad. It's the kind of thing that I could make when I'm needing a Chinese-food-fix but don't really have the dosh to eat out. I used one chicken breast and a half-pound of broccoli. The recipe on the packet called for 3/4 lb of chicken and 1 lb of broccoli and 1 onion. The mix is definitely not enough for all of that...as it was, mine turned out a bit thick...there was no sauce to pour over the rice. Next time I'll try two packets of sauce mix and see what happens. All in all, great meal and I got more broccoli than the Chinese restaurants ever give and I still have enough left for a meal again tomorrow! (All for under $3)


In the pan!


On the plate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha. My fault huh?! LOL! Looks good! I hink I may make some stir fry this weekend!