Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Bragging

...about my sweet new ride. I bought a bike like this last night. 1963 Murray Meteor Flite in GREAT shape. The lights on mine are no longer working but the bike guy claims he has seen them being sold on eBay, so I have a shot at replacing them down the road...and mine is missing the luggage carrier, too, but no biggie. The guy is going to completely overhaul it for me (new brakes, tubes/tires/paint, etc) all included in the price...$100. In about 2 weeks, I will finally have my no-speed coaster-brake bike that I've been dreaming about since my dad bought me my green boy's Schwinn Varsity 10-Speed in 1979. Ick. Wow. My very own grown-up girl bike. I'm having it painted powder blue or pink. Not sure which yet as the guy wants to strip off the old paint and see the original first. I'm psyched, to say the least. I can't wait to get my new sweet retro ride. And I'm going to put a big granny basket on the front! Awesome!

Another photo below...just in case you can't open the link!


1 comment:

Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Sweet! There aren't any hills at the beach. Who needs gears anyway? Have fun!