Friday, August 10, 2007

Cukes?

So...what's in the garden? Below are the latest two photos. LexyKahn (Hi Lex!) forwarded my original query to one of her friends who is a botanist and he said he thought we had cucumbers. Indeed, they are shaping up and I'm thinking he might be on the mark! I can taste homemade pickles already.

Oh, and because the stomach flu is obviously JUST NOT ENOUGH for me to handle, my dryer decided to stop working today, too. Barfy children and parents need to be able to clean and dry their clothes and bed linens. I've laid William's "softies" outside to dry in the sun but I don't even have a clothes line for the rest of the load. Thankfully, Steve is supposed to be off early today. He can either fix the dryer or install a clothes line. Looks like I'm going to need it. I'm going to accept responsibility for this one, though. Mo told me at least twice now to unplug ALL of my electricals during storms. I didn't do it before I left the house yesterday morning...didn't even think that we'd get a storm, despite it being 100F and 100% humidity. If it was the storms that knocked out this dryer, you can bet I'll be running around my house and unplugging everything the next time I hear thunder! Let my husband call me ridiculous. I do 8 loads of laundry each week and do not want to be without my dryer!


No comments: