Monday, July 16, 2007

John, Max, Ari

What a great SURPRISE! John came over yesterday with the boys to see us! My kids had so much fun. It's been a few years since I last saw them all and it was good to reconnect with John. I can't believe how big the boys are now. And they are very well behaved. Kudos John & Stace.

We were supposed to go to a Hawaiian Luau yesterday with families from Steve's ship. John and the boys left around 2:30, the luau started at 3. My kids wanted to swim so I passed on the luau. I wasn't really up for socializing with who knows how many women anyway. I'm very uncomfortable in those sorts of situations where I do not know another soul. I truly am an introvert.

Thinking of introvert reminds me of books: Rose, I finished "The Woman and the Raven" last night. I don't think I can review it positively either. It's strange. Let me chew on it a bit more and I'll get back to you with a final answer, but that's how I'm leaning at the moment. The funny thing is I don't even know if there is anyone else I know that might be interested in reading it. I'd love to have 2 or 3 other people read it and discuss it with me...maybe then I could work out what I actually read. Bizarre. I know I'm the one who told you about this title but where did I find it???

Today the plan is to have a quiet day at home. I'm going to try to work in the attic a bit this morning and then start calling on pre-schools for the twins. I've recently noticed that William is extremely shy and clingy in new situations and I think he needs a few days a week away from his mama. So, those are my tasks for today. We've been running so much lately, the twins haven't had naps in more than a week and I think we all just need a very slow day.

Here are pictures from yesterday.





No comments: