Monday, April 23, 2007

The Untamed Beauty Contest

This is an incredible idea. I read about it last week on The Iceland Weather Report and you can see Alda's report on the story here. Basically, anyone over 20 years old and never having had plastic surgery can enter the contest. All the proceeds go towards a shelter for sexually abused victims in Ísafjördur, up in northwest Iceland. (We visited Ísafjördur with our Icelandic friends and I felt it to be one of the most beautiful places I visited in all of Iceland and probably in all of the world. It is very remote and in the fjords and I would go to live there in a heartbeat.) Today on Iceland Review I saw they picked a winner of the pageant. I had to laugh...here's how the winner was chosen...

The winner’s name, Ásta Dóra Egilsdóttir, was picked from a hat, because the judges decided it was not possible to compete in untamed beauty, no more than in traditional beauty pageants, as RÚV reports.

LOVE IT! You can read the entire article here if so interested.

Maybe I will compete next year. Odds of winning this pageant are higher for me than say, my entering into Mrs. America or something like that.

Yesterday I had a phone conversation with my father. He made some sort of comment about my blog "I don't remember what you were going on about, but you sure were rambling on and on". To all of you who find that I do, in fact, ramble on and on, I will remind you that this is what blogs are for and this is MY blog. If you don't like my ramblings, go elsewhere! It's not like my life is oh-so-interesting and on the edge. But if that's what you want, I'm sure you can find a blog out there to offer it to you.

No comments: