Sunday, December 03, 2006

Tidepool Adventure

Yesterday found us at Cabrillo National Monument's tidepools. What an awesome place! I'm posting some photos below of some of the critters we discovered. You won't see any photos of the kids, however, as we went there to take our family holiday snapshot and I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

It just happened to be low tide when we were there so we got to see lots of sea anemone's, hermit crabs, snails, and little brown fish. No starfish were sighted on this visit, although our babysitter Renee said last night she has seen some really big ones there in the past.

Yes, we had a babysitter last night! Steve's professor had a holiday party at his home in Escondido. As we were driving down the hill to his house (headed toward the Pacific Ocean), the sun was a big orange ball just going down. We parked, saying "Ugh, what a hilly neighborhood. I wouldn't want to live here" and walked to the Prof's house. As we went up his main stairs in the house, we realized just WHY we WOULD want to live there. The view from his balcony was incredible and we continued to watch the gorgeous sunset for at least another thirty or forty minutes. Wow! A nice time was had by all at the party. We took along some "Icelandic Yule Ale" to share with everyone. We got back home around 9pm...

Which is when I logged on to check my messages and waste ENORMOUS amounts of time on myspace.com creating blinkies here and there and posting silly comments on Liz's page. Ack, I was still up goofing around close to midnight when I decided I really needed to try to go to sleep since I don't really ever get to sleep in much later than 6:30!

So...today...I guess Steve will go to school (almost positive but he is still in bed at 8am after coming to bed around 1:30) and I'll make a half-hearted attempt at cleaning or something. I'll probably take the kids to the park so they can run and release some energy. They are fighting like cats and dogs already and I'm quickly losing patience.

Here are the photos from yesterday. Hope you enjoy them as much as we enjoyed taking them!




Anemone 1



Anemone 2



Anemone 3 and my favorite of all the anemone photos we took yesterday!



Crab scuttling through the water



Snails and seaweed



The view

No comments: