Saturday, September 09, 2006

Oh, the crap I've kept...





Moving to San Diego has afforded me an opportunity to sort through a lot of junk that I've been carrying around for years. Today, I started in on some file boxes full of papers. Papers from 1993 and onward...pay stubs, health care receipts, retirement statements, magazine articles on various topics...you name it, I still had it. It feels great to be rid of this stuff...some of it carries painful memories. Still, there are a few things I'm hanging onto...like notes Stace left on my door in college...limmericks we wrote about each other and those we wrote about "Lardass, Lucifer, and the Satan Twins", photos of T in the Collegian, cards from Anne Lise in Norway, and all of my OCLC/ILL/PRLC training materials...because, you know, when I finally DO get back to work, it will help me immensely to look through all of that. (BWAHAHAHAHA, I'm *still* such a pack rat! I just can't give it up.) Anyway, you can see the before and after photos above. It's all been reduced to fit into 1 file box instead of 3.

The weather is beautiful today, low 70's. Steve is outside washing the cars. It's almost too cold to swim. We were going to go to a kite fly later but the kids have been so naughty and cranky (mama, too). Delaney has a tummy ache, I'm fighting a cold or something and popping the Trimune again, who knows what is wrong with the twins - except for the fact that they got up at 6am! I know one thing, I'm ready for naptime!

No comments: